Shoot the breeze over bamboo brew in a hearty discussion!
Post a reply

Server Time Zones?

Mon May 02, 2016 7:48 am

Can someone please tell me which time zone the EU servers are in?

I get notifications based on my local time, and the display also shows my local time in game.

BUT the events are based on "6-8 pm" for whatever time the server is actually located in, and it's getting annoying not knowing when to participate in specific events.

Missed world boss every day except once by luck.

Re: Server Time Zones?

Mon May 02, 2016 8:30 am

Sa e thing here, i think they show local time but event are gmt based... They should just show server time instead of local

Mon May 02, 2016 9:24 am

I'll check and see if that works out for me.

The annoying thing is that I even get the red dots showing new activity sometimes in the guild under development, but it doesn't let me actually contribute. But the dot doesn't disappear. So annoying. If they fix this, it will be a great improvement...

Mon May 02, 2016 11:28 pm

arkaith wrote:I'll check and see if that works out for me.

The annoying thing is that I even get the red dots showing new activity sometimes in the guild under development, but it doesn't let me actually contribute. But the dot doesn't disappear. So annoying. If they fix this, it will be a great improvement...

Same. Here they should look into it

Tue May 03, 2016 4:52 am

The EU server is based in GMT, the US server is based in UTC-4

Tue May 03, 2016 7:22 am

If EU is based in GMT, then there are even worse problems.

I'm in GMT+2, and I've tried accessing the events 2 hours ahead of the time, and I still can't enter. Guess I'll request a refund on everything I spent and erase this app.

Tue May 03, 2016 8:25 am

which country are you now bro?

Tue May 03, 2016 11:44 am

Israel.

Local time 14:44 as of now

Tue May 03, 2016 12:53 pm

actually your timezone is UCT +2 but i dont see any problems since uct and gmt having same timings.

Thu May 05, 2016 8:47 am

Hey guys,

We're aware of this issue and we'll be changing the in-app clock and message functionality to be based on server-time instead of your device time.

In regards to still being unable to join the events, please be sure to double check your zone. The ability to join is based on the server time, so it shouldn't matter if your device time says a different time than the event. Does Israel have daylight savings time? If that's the case, you may actually be 3 hrs ahead rather than 2, so that may explain that issue.

Thanks guys
Post a reply